The Village Hall
Little Wenlock Village Hall – COVID Restrictions
Based on Government rules the Village Hall will be open for the following uses (depending on the prevailing local tier) providing face mask and other COVID-Secure rules are strictly adhered to:
- Tier 1: All non-social group-organised events and meetings. It remains closed for parties and other activities.
- Tier 2: Only specific community meetings together with Lunch Club, Indoor Bowls, Yoga classes, and other organised and supervised children’s, educational or training activities.
Flicks in the Sticks can re-open with sufficient organisational care.
- Tiers 3, 4 & 5 (Current situation): Only essential training activities to support the NHS.
- Tiers 1,2 & 3: Open for all activities in for users adhering to the ‘Rule of 6’.
- Tiers 4 & 5 (Current situation):
- No sports; that is tennis, football or use of gym equipment.
- One person can meet with one other from a different household at 2 meter distance.
- The play equipment may be used by single-household children and accompanying adult at 2 meters from others.
As previously, we reserve the right to close the Hall or Playing Field completely at any time either on the advice of local or national authorities or should we, as a community, feel it is the right thing to do.
Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to much better times ahead.
+++++++++++++++++ To book the hall you must phone 07522 560023 +++++++++++++++++
Our new hall was completed in the summer of 2002 at a cost of £310,000 and is an excellent, modern, versatile facility. It was built with generous grant aid from the National Lottery Community Fund and Onyx Environmental Trust, together with direct fund raising throughout the community.
The main hall is approximately 15m x 10m and is complemented by a carpeted committee room approximately 6m x 7m.
There is a demountable stage and tables and chairs for 120.
The hall is currently used for a variety of community clubs and activities, including fairs, live theatre, concerts and dances.
It is also hired out for children’s parties, weddings, conferences and other events.
The Hall is an independent charity - no. 1080317 - built and run by volunteer members of the community.
If you would like to hire the hall for your meeting or party please go to the Bookings page.