The Village Hall
Little Wenlock Village Hall
Following government guidance published on Feb 24, 2021, we are hoping to re-open the hall on the following basis – subject, of course, to confirmation from the authorities:
Step 2: No earlier than April 12
- Supervised group activities for children.
- Wedding receptions & wakes (up to 15 guests).
- Parent & child groups (up to 15 plus under fives).
Strict social contact rules will continue to apply.
Step 3: No earlier than May 17
- Indoor hospitality (lunch club).
- Wedding receptions & wakes (up to 30 people only).
- Exercise & classes (including yoga and bowls).
- Parish & community group meetings.
- Film shows, plays & concerts.
Only in the main hall and with restricted use of the kitchen.
Rule of six must apply and only up to 50% of hall capacity.
Step 4: No earlier than June 21
- All organised group activities and events.
- Private hire events (weddings, children’s parties, business meetings etc).
All rooms open, including the kitchen.
No restrictions on numbers.
- The tennis court may be used, subject to social distancing rules.
We will update these guidelines with in line with changing government guidance over the coming weeks.
+++++++++++++++++ To book the hall you must phone 07522 560023 +++++++++++++++++
Our new hall was completed in the summer of 2002 at a cost of £310,000 and is an excellent, modern, versatile facility. It was built with generous grant aid from the National Lottery Community Fund and Onyx Environmental Trust, together with direct fund raising throughout the community.
The main hall is approximately 15m x 10m and is complemented by a carpeted committee room approximately 6m x 7m.
There is a demountable stage and tables and chairs for 120.
The hall is currently used for a variety of community clubs and activities, including fairs, live theatre, concerts and dances.
It is also hired out for children’s parties, weddings, conferences and other events.
The Hall is an independent charity - no. 1080317 - built and run by volunteer members of the community.
If you would like to hire the hall for your meeting or party please go to the Bookings page.