The Village Hall Committee request that you follow these easy guidelines and read our full Terms & Conditions on the Booking Form ahead of your event.
Failure to do so may result in loss of some or all of your deposit.
Please DO :
- Consider the length of time you need to both set up and clean & clear up when making a booking, particularly a party or wedding. Even if you have booked a full clean, this does not include the kitchen and bar, it takes longer than most think to wash up kitchen things and wash the floor and collect and remove your things.
- Apply for a licence early from Telford & Wrekin Council if you want to be able to sell alcohol.
- Avoid fixing things to the wall, but hooks or pins can be used on the high level wooden rail - only ever use “white tack” on gloss paint or glass, please remove carefully before leaving.
- Report any breakages/problems to the Booking Clerk as soon as reasonably possible.
- Record any accidents in the Halls accident record book located in the kitchen.
- Wash and put away all hall cutlery, crockery and glasses.
- Leave the Hall and Car Park as you would wish to find it, clean and swept; kitchen and bar mopped and surfaces wiped down.
- Recycle glass bottles, cans and plastics in the recycling bins outside the kitchen.
- Bag all rubbish and place in the Village Hall wheelie bins outside the kitchen door. Consider taking away any bags you may be able to dispose of at home.
- Use the kitchen extractor fan when using the oven to prevent condensation and remove smells.
- The Committee Room heating will be set on a timer for your booking. You may alter the thermostat in the corner of the committee room, but please reset to 19°C when you leave.
- The Main Hall air conditioning (heating or cooling) should be set by the user on arrival. The control panel is on the wall between the walk-in cupboards. Please read and follow the instructions carefully.
If the circulation fan is required, its control is in the corner by the Fire Escape doors.
When you leave please adjust the target temperature back to 19°C and turn all the controls OFF.
Be ready to leave on time, especially at midnight. Ensure the bar is cleared and caterers and musicians/DJ all leave by the booked time, and that they know this when they start.
Please DO NOT :
- Do not make excessive noise outside the Hall, this is a residential area and we don’t want to upset our neighbours or risk losing our licence!
- Do not use non dissolvable confetti in the car park.
- Do not leave the Hall unattended and unlocked at any time.
- Do not leave helium or other gas cylinders in the hall overnight, all to be taken away when you leave.
- Do not leave litter or cigarette ends in the car park.