The Village Hall Committee request that you follow these easy guidelines and read our full T&C’s ahead of your event.
Failure to do so may result in loss of some or all of your deposit.
Please DO :
- Consider the length of time you need to both set up and clean & clear up when making a booking, particularly a party or wedding. Even if you have booked a full clean, this does not include the kitchen and bar, it takes longer than most think to wash up kitchen things and wash the floor and collect and remove your things.
- Apply for a licence early from Telford & Wrekin Council if you want to be able to sell alcohol.
- Avoid fixing things to the wall, but hooks or pins can be used on the high level wooden rail - only ever use “white tack” on gloss paint or glass, please remove carefully before leaving.
- Report any breakages/problems to the Booking Clerk as soon as reasonably possible.
- Record any accidents in the Halls accident record book located in the kitchen.
- Wash and put away all hall cutlery, crockery and glasses.
- Leave the Hall and Car Park as you would wish to find it, clean and swept; kitchen and bar mopped and surfaces wiped down.
- Recycle glass bottles, cans and plastics in the recycling bins outside the kitchen.
- Bag all rubbish and place in the Village Hall wheelie bins outside the kitchen door. Consider taking away any bags you may be able to dispose of at home.
- Use the kitchen extractor fan when using the oven to prevent condensation and remove smells.
- The heating will be set on a timer for your booking. You may alter the thermostat at far end of hall and or the committee room- but please reset at 19 when you leave.
- Turn down heating thermostats and use air-conditioning if too warm, but do not open windows when noise is being made. Please do not alter radiator thermostats.
Be ready to leave on time, especially at midnight. Ensure the bar is cleared and caterers and musicians/DJ all leave by the booked time, and that they know this when they start.
Please DO NOT :
- Do not make excessive noise outside the Hall, this is a residential area and we don’t want to upset our neighbours or risk losing our licence!
- Do not use non dissolvable confetti in the car park.
- Do not leave the Hall unattended and unlocked at any time.
- Do not leave helium or other gas cylinders in the hall overnight, all to be taken away when you leave.
- Do not leave litter or cigarette ends in the car park.